Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are operating on an appointment only basis. Please call 0402 141 592 to enquire about our next available time slot. Online orders will be shipped as normal and we are taking photo booth enquiries.
COVID-19 Trading Hours:
- By appointment only please call 0402 141 592
Call us now on 0402 141 592 if your need is urgent.
Royal Express has a long-standing reputation for taking perfect passport and visa photographs in Sydney's CBD, which is why we're the preferred supplier to the US, Greek and New Zealand consulates, and recommended by many others - they know we'll get it right first time.
We are passport and visa photo experts. As such, we adhere to all applicable standards, including the strict Australian passport guidelines, which is why we guarantee our passport photos. Prices start from just $23.95 and standard passport photos can be ready in as little as 5 minutes, although some (e.g. US digital Greencards) require additional processing and can take longer. There's no need to make an appointment. Just pop in any time between 8am - 2:45pm Monday - Thursday or Friday 8:00am - 11:45am.
|Australia, New Zealand, UK, Italy, Ireland, Iraq, France, Japan, China, Singapore, Austria, Malta, Korea, Nederlands, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Russia, Canada visa, Pakistan, Bangladesh most others||4||$23.95|
|US, India, Greece, Brazil, Canada passport, Turkey, Vietnam, Taxi, Dutch/Netherlands||2||$23.95|
|USA Green Card Lottery Digital Photo||N/A||$26.95|
|Extra set (same format)||As above||+$15|
|Extra set (different format, e.g. US + Australia)||As above||+$15|
|Digital format with hard copy||As above||$33.95|
|Digital format without hard copy (saved to USB/CD/email)||0||$23.95|
USA Green Card Lottery Photos
Royal Express is a preferred supplier to the US Consulate, and recommended by many others - they trust us to get it right first time!
We can provide digital photos, guaranteed suitable for the Green Card Lottery electronic application, in less than ten minutes.
Our Digital Greencard photos cost $26.95 and we're located just a few metres from the US Consulate on the same level in the MLC Centre in Sydney's CBD.
Digital Passport & Visa Photos
Prices for digital passport and visa photos are $23.95 and you can obtain a hard copy (print) for additional $10. Your digital copy can either be provided on CD or a USB, or we can email it to you. USB sticks can be provided at an additional cost. Children and babies are welcome. Pricing starts at $26.95. We have special facilities for babies.
Baby Passport Photos
Need a passport photo for a baby? Not a problem!
We have lots of experience taking passport photos for all ages, but please allow a little extra time to allow us to ensure we get the right shot. We also have special facilities, if your baby is very young (i.e. unable to hold their head upright themselves).
Alternatively, if you feel confident taking the photo yourself, you can email the file to us and we can produce an image suitable for the required passport. It is recommended that you follow our passport photo guidelines below when taking the photo.
Mobile Emergency Passport Photo Service
We offer a discrete and professional mobile passport photo service if you'd rather have your photo taken in the comfort of your own home, conveniently at the office, or if you need your passport urgently, outside normal working hours. For out-of-hours or emergency service, please call 0402 141 592. Pricing for our mobile service is provided in advance and subject to time of day and your location.
US DS-160 Visa Application
Royal Express have specially adapted computers to help complete your US DS-160 application, including internet access, document printing, photo uploading and photocopying. Our highly trained staff have acquired a great deal of knowledge in completing this form.
Although we are not directly affiliated with the US Consulate we can offer some guidance and assistance when completing your application. We also offer the following facilities in store:
- Internet Access and/or Computer Access $1.50 (per 10min)
- Document Printing and Photocopying $1 Per A4 Page (single)
- Document Scan $1.95 per scan
- USA Digital Photo $23.95 (Digital Photo for DS-160 Application)
- USA Passport Photo $23.95 (Print)
- USA Passport & Digital Photo $33.95 (Print & Digital)
Passport Photo Guidelines
Royal Express provides passport and visa photos with the following guidelines, specific to each countries regulations:
- Good quality colour, gloss prints
- Appropriate brightness and contrast showing your skin tones naturally
- Taken by a commercial photographer, Using the latest photographic eqiupment
- Photos are Clear, sharp and in focus. Photos may be in colour or in black and white
- Taken with a neutral facial expression (eyes open and clearly visible, mouth closed, no smiling)
- Taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows, glare or flash reflections
- Taken straight on, with face and shoulders centered and squared to the camera
- Taken in front of a plain white or light-coloured background with a clear difference between your face and the background
- Photos must reflect/represent natural skin tones
- Original photos that are not altered in any way
- Professionally printed on plain, high quality photographic paper (photos printed at home and photos printed on heavy weight paper are not acceptable). At Royal Express we use state of the art sub dye printers.
It is preferable that you do not wear your glasses in your passport photo. If preferred Capture That Photographics will take your photo with glasses, however the following guidelines apply:
- They must show your eyes clearly
- There should be no flash reflection off the glasses
- Lenses should not be tinted
- Heavy framed glasses should not be worn
- Frames should not cover any part of your eyes
- No sunglasses
If any of the above apply, you will be instructed by the photographer to remove your glasses.
The photograph must show you without any hat or other head covering. However, if you wear a head covering for religious reasons The Passport Office will accept a photograph of you wearing it, but your facial features from bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of your face must be clearly shown.
Do you check passport or ID photos? Help us to help you
If you're from a government agency, consulate, or any other institution that requires a high quality passport or ID photo service, we can help.
Our systems allow us to save the image requirements exactly to your specifications, giving you perfect images and saving you the time, effort and frustration of turning people away for this reason.
If you'd like a demonstration, call us on 0402 141 592 or get in touch to arrange a time to come and visit our minilab in the heart of Sydney's CBD.
Common passport and visa photo requests include Australia, United States, New Zealand, Iraq, UK, Greece, Canada (passport, visa and citizenship photos), Japan, Ireland, India, China, Malaysia, Pakistan, Taiwan, Turkey, Malta, Russia, Austria, Brazil, South Korea, Singapore, Netherlands, Italy, France, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Taxi ID, Job application, International drivers license...and many more.